Monday, September 14, 2009

One Week 'til Blast-off

I can't believe that I only have one week left to remain here in the US!  It seems like the summer has just melted away (albeit the low melting point of this season).  I find myself really cherishing the time that I am spending with my friends and family before I go.  Why do deadlines alter the way that we look at life?  For instance, it appears as if the fleeting hours before the due date of a big project or exam are extremely stressful and the last few weeks and days when I was at Alma were some of the most enjoyable that I have ever had.  Maybe I am taking all of my good friends too literally?  According to them, I'm not going to come back once I'm over in Europe.  Lol.  Do they know something that I do not yet know?  I find this amusing, but I guess that I am still getting a bit scared that I won't see people for longer than the year to which I have committed.  However, grandparents and other immediate family rest assured, I still would like to and plan to go to medical school at Michigan State's College of Human Medicine with the entering class of 2010.

When all is "said-and-done", despite the nervous anticipation, I am sooooooooo EXCITED to be beginning this new adventure.  I look forward to these final, sweet State-side moments!    

3 comments:

  1. It's funny, many people told me the same thing before I took off on this European adventure. But of course I have to return to Alma for 3 more semesters. After that, who knows? Perhaps we'll end up being European buddies. See you this side of the Atlantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we're right... why would you want to leave such a cosmopolitan city (and continent!) to return to East Lansing?

    Hope you had a safe flight ;)

    ReplyDelete