Saturday, February 27, 2010

Polish Pal

Last week was Reading Week.  I actually spent the first half of the week in London.  This was supposed to be used for school-related projects or work.  However, the second half of the week--Thursday through Sunday--was allocated for travel!  One of my co-workers at Cedar Point lives and studies in northern Poland, Gdańsk to be precise, so I figured that I'd give her a visit because we became good friends over the summer and weren't able to meet [in Dublin] as we planned.

The long weekend was really great.  Daria and I were able to have a relaxing, stress-free time.  We explored Gdańsk's centre and harbour, in addition to the nearby cities of Sopot and Gdynia.  Each of the cities were located on the Baltic Sea, and were bitterly cold.  There was quite a bit of snow on the ground as well.  It actually reminded me of Michigan (with a bit less sunshine and more Eastern European flavour, though)!
It was nice to catch-up with one another and to see someone who I knew from the States.  We couldn't be bothered to see absolutely everything in the cities and always be in "tourist mode".  We watched a couple films, hung out with a couple of her friends, frequented coffee shops and talked about what was happening in our lives.  Although the topic of conversation usually related to our experiences as servers at Cedar Point (or seemed to end-up there) and had time to reflect on my (and our) experiences there, I enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment