Ryanair did it to me again. I couldn't resist a £25 roundtrip flight to Dublin for the weekend (a one-way ticket would have cost me 2p, with taxes included!). I was originally supposed to go with a couple of my course mates and meet a friend (a co-worker at Rockets this summer who studies in Poland) there, but I ended up going alone because everyone cancelled for one reason or another. I had a good time, though. It was nice to walk around the city and pop in a museum or castle when I felt it to be appropriate. I saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle, the Guinness Distillery, the National Museum of Ireland, etc. When I was up and about in the morning--i.e. when I arrived in the city at 7.30 and passed through passport control--I had to restrain myself from saying "top o' the mornin' to ya!". One of my mates at the School is from Northern Ireland, and he said that it wouldn't be appreciated. Graham also said that I would probably get a full-body cavity search at immigration as a response. Haha.
Now the fun begins at school. The next two weeks are packed with deadlines and last minute get-togethers before we leave for the winter break. I have two essays and two exams to do. Each of which is not counted for my final grade (which is both good and bad stress- and urgency-wise), but I still would like to do well! Some things never change in that I REALLY want to do good work!
I hope everyone is enjoying their last few weeks of school before the holidays! I am jealous that Michigan has snow and London has rain. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit without the white-stuff on the ground! Hopefully Germany will have it when I go there to visit Lea and her family for Christmas!
Ahh! Drew, my comment was just deleted. so Im going to summarize my previously long comment: Yay Dublin! Did you go to the really famous fish and chips restaurant? When I went to Dublin we stumbled upon the amazingly interesting Tax & Revenue Museum near the Castle. It was free because it was too new and daunting to attract tourists. But we had lots of fun :) Glad you had a good trip!
ReplyDelete