Friday, October 23, 2009

"Free" Morning

My class on respiratory infections this morning was cancelled because the prof thought that our lecture was next week.  Lame.  A group of my classmates and I decided to make the most of the morning: a quick tour of the British Museum!  I still was able to learn, albeit about ancient cultures and civilisations versus bugs that love to live in your chest.  How cool is having a major, highly reputable museum a block from your school so you can pop in for leisurely browsing when class gets cancelled?  Answer: EXTREMELY COOL!  I also was able to walk around and eat my lunch outside in Russell Square to take advantage of the warm, sunny weather (16C, 61F).  After lunch and a trip to an Indian sweets shop with one of my classmates/friends, I had a 3.5 hour lecture on some of the different viral haemorrhagic fevers: Ebola, Marburg, Yellow, etc.  What a great way to finish off the week!  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED the British Museum! It definitely is worth at least two days; lucky that you get to live near it.

    ReplyDelete