Wednesday is finally over. "Hump day" looks as if it will be my longest day of the week during this term. Sitting in multiple lectures and practicals all day was rather exhausting.
I started off the day early (8.00) with "Grand Rounds" at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HTD). One of my peers told me about the lecture series at the travel clinic every Wed. morning, and invited me to go with him this week. I leapt at the offer. The presentation was really informative. The presenter was a clinician and researcher of central nervous system tuberculosis (CNS TB). The first 15 minutes of the presentation was a case study, but the subsequent 45 minutes was a bit over my head because the medic went into the immunology and microbiology of the disease (as much as I love immuno and micro, it is a bit hard to 'digest' on an empty stomach at 8 in the morning). The rest of the day was jam-packed with lectures and practicals: Extended Epidemiology from 9.30-12.30, Lassa fever lecture from 12.30-13.30, Health Policy/Planning/Power from 14.00-17.00 and an inaugural lecture of the Royal Society for Tropical Medicine & Hygiene's first woman president from 17.30-18.30. Yikes! My brain is fried. I never thought that I'd say that I'd be too tired to do and am uninterested in reading. I've got plenty of it--more than is physically possible...ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment