
Every Friday, my course mates ask me: "Drew, where are you going this weekend?" It was no surprise to them that this week I answered with a location outside of London: "Granada, Spain." However, I had a reason to hop on a budget airline with its destination being another European country. My parents would be visiting my sister, so I figured that I'd go and spend time with them because I would not be going home for Christmas this year.

We had good, quality family time. Amy was able to take us around the city to show us the main sights. The coolest attraction, by far, was the
Alhambra. This fortress was the last stronghold of the Moors in Spain. Not only was the architecture and grounds amazingly beautiful (i.e. the arched doorways, tiled floors and walls, intricate wooden ceilings and carved walls), but the views of the city from the compound were beautiful. ¡Me gusta! I thought that the city's main cathedral was lovely, too, but it didn't compare with la Alhambra!

Now, my parents are visiting me in London! They will be here until Saturday. We are having a good time. Unfortunately I have class during the day, so I am only able to see them for lunch, dinner and some of the evening following food. This works out because they are able to see all of the sights that I have already seen, plus visit all of the touristy shops that I LOATHE. I will be able to be with them all day Friday, though.
P.S.: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment